Cloud Platform Engineer
Role Title: Cloud Platform Engineer
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal! We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
- Work dedicated in a team, close to the Product Owner (within the product line) following the Agile methodology to transform the Network DC infrastructure and build the SDN evolution
- Be part of the Cloud Infrastructure & Network Engineer is responsible for delivering, maintaining, and optimizing Cloud Platforms and related infrastructure, network, database, and middleware capabilities to support and enable the development and operations of Cloud modules and solutions
- Review Cloud solution designs, understanding their impact on the associated infrastructure, network and ensuring the availability of supporting and enabling infrastructure from internal (local and/or global DCs) and external service providers
- Monitor, maintain, and support the operational capacity, availability, and performance of the Cloud solutions against SLAs from a level two and level three support perspective
- Provide Cloud platform and infrastructure/network-related level two and level three incident and problem management
- A platform to work with Private and Public Cloudservice providers to forecast and right-size long-term capacity and performance requirements, iterating regularly
- Aability to determine user and technical story impact on existing architecture, work processes and systems
- Capacity to design and implement on-site supporting platform/infrastructure/network and tooling for software module development, orchestration and operations
- Implementing and supporting on-site databases and middleware capabilities
- supporting software module development and operations
- Monitoring and maintaining Platform/infrastructure/network performance, capacity and availability, providing 2nd and 3rd level of support for the resolution of infrastructure-related incidents and problems
- Managing incidents & problems as level two and three, being part of on-call rotation
- Experience of configuration management and automation with the following tools Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT
- Experience working with programming and scripting languages (Python is a must)
- Experience working closely with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, XP, and with teams leveraging DevOps and Continuous Delivery / Integration
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry preferred
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 5+ yearsof work experience in designing, developing, deploying and / or administering infrastructure solutions at the expert certification level
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
The future is exciting. Ready?
ITIL Process Specialist Location – Newbury £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer Is this role for you? This role is to work across the IT Operations Control team providing stakeholder manag
Solution Architect – 259810 Location – Newbury HQ Band – G What’s the role? Vodafone’s Enterprise IT delivery team is responsible and accountable for the continuous development and evolution of
Role Title: Business Relationship ManagerLocation: Newbury Babbage House As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping h
Role title: MVNO Senior Architect Location: Farnborough Successful applicants must be able to obtain and maintain DV clearance. Get Ready. Joining Vodafone Secure Services offers you the unique o
Role Title: Service Delivery Manager Location: UK - Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle
Cyber Solutions Architect Vodafone Secure Sector Farnborough Must be able to obtain DV / SC clearance Get Ready. Joining our Vodafone Secure Sector (VSS) offers you the unique opportunity to be heavi
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
London, Greater London
Role: Frontend Software Developer (Android) - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London/Dusseldorf/Berlin Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V b
Solution Architect (Telco Billing Solutions) Location: Newbury HQ Competitive salaries and benefits High calibre Billing Domain Designer with Technical Oracle BRM knowledge and Telco BSS experience?
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi
London, Greater London
Software Development Job FamilySenior Digital Manager – Product EngineeringLondon Competitive Salary, Benefits A fantastic and unique opportunity has arisen in our new Digital hub based in central Lon