Cloud Delivery Manager
Cloud computing is at the heart of Vodafone’s Technology strategy and one of the most important drivers to deliver on our vision of making Vodafone a truly Gigabit Company. We are accelerating the adoption of cloud across our business and on-board a variety of cloud services to provide a rich eco system that can deliver against business and customer demand and drive innovations.
We have large cloud footprint hosting test and production workloads. We are looking for talented and experienced cloud delivery manager to support the growing cloud estate. The role will require hands on technical experience, diving into problems and developing solutions that further enhance the environment and user experience. This is a great opportunity to help us getting cloud ready.
You will be the main contact withing Vodafone UK in regards to Cloud delivery. A typical day involve in designing project architecture, deliverying cloud solution, managing incidents and working with security. You will also be expected to identify key improvements within the service and be able to drive those into implementation, whilst being to negotiate with stakeholders effectively to persuade them to adopt the correct cloud strategy.
- Responsible for the cloud environment strategy, design, delivery, provisioning and support
- Drive automation, zero touch deployments and continuos service improvement
- Working with direct 2-4 and indirect delivery service team of 8-10.
- Manage a wide range of service stakeholders across IT & Technology.
- Drive cost optimisation for managing cloud spend
- Display Vodafone way behaviours across the function.
- Expertise in AWS, Oracle OCI and Google cloud design, delivery and management
- Script development experience (Python desirable).
- Experience in administrating *nix environments.
- Experience of working in Agile methodology
- Clear and effective communication from junior to CIO level
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Cloud security
- Experience of managing medium to large scale migrations into the cloud
- Experience managing suppliers and offshore teams and services.