Business Architect Lead
Role Title: Business Architect Lead
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Enterprise uses the power of our Global network, operating companies and partner networks to confidently connect large corporation customers. Across our Carrier Services, Cloud & Hosting, Internet of Things (IoT), Product Management, Security and Sales/Marketing operations we connect and secure organisations in a rapid changing world and empower their people and consumers through our “ready business” total communication solutions. We believe, quite simply, that the answer for any business is to be ready for anything. Are you now ready for your career with us?
In joining the Enterprise Transformation team here at Vodafone Group Enterprise you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the application of the architecture methodology, repository structure and key architecture processes and governance as they pertain to the Vodafone Group Enterprise Business.
The scope of enterprise architecture, working with subject matter experts, involves the interpretation of business goals, drivers and strategies, the assessment of the current capabilities of the people, capabilities/processes, information and technology of the enterprise and the determination of how these relate to one another and to the external environment.
- Applying the available Business Architecture collateral and skills to new Transformation Programmes at the early stages. Assisting with the analysis of the as-is Operating Model and business environment and identifying the capability gaps required to meet the programme objectives
- Working with the Business Owner and Programme lead to identify and quantify business benefits associated with the programme as well as designing the right sequence of programme activities to as to effectively manage dependencies and overlaps across business functions and to maximise benefit delivery in line with the Business Strategy.
- Ensuring the quality and effectiveness of the Business Architecture capability in the Group Enterprise Division (GED).
- Designing and maintaining the Enterprise Architecture methodology, repository structure, architecture toolset and key architecture processes and governance (e.g. Business Capability Architecture, Value Streams, Benefits Framework).
- Capturing, documenting and sharing Enterprise architecture best practices.
- Providing guidance to other architects and programmes that are contributing to the GED Enterprise Architecture or making use of it.
- Acting as a senior member of the community of Enterprise Architects and Business Designers within this team.
- Communicating clear, informative and results driven EA-related information to all key stakeholders and maintaining strong relationships with all key architecture teams across Vodafone.
- Co-Leading the continuous improvement of the Group Enterprise Architecture capability.
- Accountable for ensuring Group Enterprise has sufficient business strategy alignment and linkage in order to provide analysis and information to support EA work in key programmes and drive the target architecture.
- Work with subject matter experts to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with changing business needs.
- A trusted advisor to the business providing compliancy assessment & recommendations on all aspects of business change against the target architecture.
- Assurance of strategy execution where it pertains to agreed transformation programmes
You will have proven experience in Telecommunications with a background in speaking with and presenting to Senior Stakeholders.
The role holder will be an experienced generalist, though is also expected to have previously specialised in at least one or more primary architecture domain. You will create, communicate and improve the key principles, methods and models that describe the enterprise's current and future state and the enablers for its evolution.
- TOGAF 9.1 certificated.
- Background in IT/Telecoms sector with minimum 3 years’ experience in an Enterprise architectural role and able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of each EA domain area.
- Experienced in partnering with organisations to improve their performance, primarily through the thorough analysis of existing business problems and development of plans for improvement.
- Prior background in examining and evaluating relevant information to select the best course of action from among various alternatives.
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world. That’s what we mean when we say Power to you.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here