London / Newbury - £39k - £62k
Here at Vodafone UK, we have a number of exciting opportunities at different levels for talented and enthusiastic Business Analysts to join our Digital Engineering team in Newbury/London.
Building great products that delight our customers and transform the way they engage with us is why we're here, but we're also building a world-class capability to build and ship high quality products, leading the way across Vodafone to transform the way we deliver our solutions - and it's here where this role is so important to us. Our digital channels are used by millions of our customers, but we have big plans for the future!
Quality starts with having clear, prioritised requirements as well as the ability to pull these together into features that deliver business value. As a Business Analyst you'll be responsible for eliciting requirements from Product Owners and other stakeholders. Additionally, you may also act as a Technical Product Owner for a development squad, defining and prioritising the work needed to support our Web and Apps channels.
You’ll work closely with our Product Management team who provide the direction and strategy for our digital products, helping to turn these into the themes and features across a number of projects and applications. Reporting to the Lead Business Analyst, you'll work alongside practices covering agile and app, platform and web development.
You'll be responsible for
- Working with product owners to identify and determine business requirements and value, helping to prioritise backlogs to deliver business value as early as possible
- Defining themes, features and epics to scope future projects and programmes
- Acting as a Technical Product Owner within a development squad, defining and prioritising requirements to support the web and apps channels
To be successful you're going to need …
- Experience of working with stakeholders, product managers and solutions architects to elicit high-level requirements for large projects or programmes, assessing impact to systems, people and processes
- A proven track record gathering and defining requirements within an agile environment
- Expertise in writing user stories, features and themes with detailed acceptance criteria
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to prioritise requirements based on value and dependencies
- Previous experience of mentoring and supporting other analysts
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to choose style, media & technique suitable to your audience
Things we'd rate you even higher for …
- Certifications as a Scrum Product Owner or certifications in SAFe or other scaled agile frameworks
- Previous Product Owner experience within a Scrum and/or SAFe environment
- Writing acceptance criteria using Behaviour-driven Development tools/techniques
Why join UK Digital IT?
For us, digital transformation is constant - and not a one-off event. It’s our obsession, it’s how we forever evolve our technology to improve the lives of our customers.
We are continually experimenting with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and fun. And we’re constantly testing and trialling new ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
We’re at the forefront of pushing the boundaries in Vodafone and are looking for people comfortable with being trailblazers as well as having the pragmatism to work in a multinational/global business.
All you need is the right mindset and the desire to help craft award-winning digital experiences – we work at pace, we love ideas and collaborate on agile projects.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.