Billing Technical Specialist
Billing Technical Specialist - Newbury
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
About the role
As a Billing Technical Specialist, you will support the future roadmap and propositions for the Enterprise mobile billing solutions team. This role exists in order to shape, review, agree and design any changes to the core system(s). During the project delivery phase, you will work closely with Product Owners, Developers, Testers, and Business people as well liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
- Design billing solutions for Marketing services and propositions.
- Able to present solution options, own design decisions and articulate business impact.
- Support the Delivery team as required ensuring timely deployment and delivery within the agreed timelines.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for their system(s) within Mobile Billing Operations and across Vodafone UK.
- Support the Delivery Manager with initial feasibility study for new requests and requirement specifications.
- Review and approve peers low level designs.
- Review and approve test plans.
- Liaise with Mobile Billing Ops peers, IT Design teams and stakeholders in business and technical domains, understand commercial, business and regulatory requirements of changes and ensure that end to end solution is delivered.
- Primarily delivering solutions for Enterprise Business Unit and Wholesale MVNO’s.
- Collaborate with technology domain to design capability enhancements.
- Input into continuous improvement of design processes and tools for the Mobile Billing Operations team.
- Developing SQL scripts for interrogating BSS/OSS platforms for design purposes and for resolving incidents.
- Design and configuration of monthly rate changes on the Interconnect billing platform
Key skills and experience:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate confidently and effectively
- Good knowledge of end to end BSS practices - Customer Management, Pricing, Rating, Billing
- Proficient with MySQL/Oracle/SQL, PL/SQL and data mining tools
- Good experience of managing large and complex data sets in MS Excel
- Experience in CSG InterconnecT and Intermediate design and configuration and BT CPL
Customer Operations at Vodafone
We’re passionate about exceeding our customers’ expectations and making a big difference to their lives, always going the extra mile to deliver the best possible service. Whether it’s on the phone or online, we are there to provide vital support when our customers need it. We strive to make sure that through our products & services, people feel free to live their lives their way and that their journey with us is a simple as it can be.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.