Big Data Quality Assurance Engineer
Big Data Quality Assurance Engineer
The Big Data QA Engineer provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to:
Review the code produced by Data Engineering to load the necessary data from local and group sources onto the shared platform that are necessary for analysis and for commercial actions;
Review the code produced by Data Engineering to building Big Data applications. The applications will have to be “fit for purpose” to work as designed and efficiently manage and manipulate large volumes of data, for the ingestion in the Big Data Platform and the Use Case engineering.
Define, build, automate, execute testing for code mentioned at point 1 and 2, in an agile practice and according to the sprint planning.
Comply with the framework and Dev/Ops approach defined by the Big Data Platform central team which defines the QA strategy, tools, ways of working to be applied in every Local Market.
Validate, were requested, the models produced by the Data Science team
Key accountabilities and decision ownership;
- Ensure that Data Engineering produce high performing and stable applications to perform complex processing of massive volumes of data in a multi-tenancy Hadoop environment
- Guarantee the quality of end-to-end applications (through review and testing) that make use of large volumes of source data from the operational systems and output insights back to business systems
- Proactively work with the Data Engineering (and data extraction) team as one squad to ensure the right quality checks are in place at the various stages of the Data Integration
- Support and contribute, with the central team of Data Engineering/QA/Data Science, to define best practice for the agile development of applications to run on the Big Data Platform, from a QA perspective
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem;
- Proven experience with performance tuning applications on Hadoop and configuring Hadoop systems to maximise performance;
- Experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming or Storm;
- Experience with managing the development life-cycle for agile software development projects;
- Experience working in a multi tenancy Hadoop environment
- Expert level experience with using Spark, Yarn, Hive and Oozie;
- Strong Python and Scala programming ability;
- Workingknowledge of HBase, Solr, Kafka and Flume
- Some experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra, ElasticSeatch and Flink would also bedesirable.
- Test automation and Dev/Ops experience.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Authority- 240208Location – Newbury What’s the role? Working in a team of like-minded and highly skilled Network Project Engineers, the primary focus for this role is delivery of reliable
SOC Specialist (Shift) Farnborough, Brentford You’ll be part of a 24/7 shift team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall, IPS and other security services for both Vodafone and its cus
Cyber Engineer (IT) Farnborough Your Role: You'll be joining a team that manage all operating systems supporting Vodafone’s secure SOC. You'll be responsible for providing technical support to SOC an
IT System Administrator Farnborough You’ll join a Secure Networks team, responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software
Cyber Architect Farnborough Your Role: Joining a specialist team and leading telco Secure Services department, you’ll provide in-depth Cyber Security Architecture and Design for Vodafone and our cus
IP Network Specialist Farnborough, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow You’ll be responsible for the design and build of a range of IP networks across multiple vendors and p
Role Title: Global Service Partner Location: Newbury/UK Flexible At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer e
Role Title: Commercial Client Partner Location: Newbury/UK Flexible At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer
Role Title: Service Desk Analyst Location: Glasgow Role Profile: Group Enterprise Operations (GEO) provide customer and technical support globally to Vodafone’s Enterprise customers. Group Enter
Title: Cloud Sales (New business) Location: South East UK (Home Based) Our secure and flexible Cloud and Hosting Services offer centralised and scalable IT solutions across a mixture of platforms inc
Role Title: Service Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30