Big Data Lead
Job Title - Big Data Technology Lead
Location - Smale House, London
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Vodafone UK Digital
We're designers, dreamers and idea-hungry Digital creatives who care deeply about our customers. We're still putting our customers at the heart of what we do, forever challenging and pushing the boundaries of digital to give them new, ingenious and hassle-free ways to connect with their worlds
For us, digital transformation is constant - not a one-off event. It’s our obsession. And it’s how we forever evolve our technology to improve the lives of our customers.
All you need is the right mindset and the desire to help us create award-winning digital experiences – we work at pace, we love ideas and collaborate on agile project.
About the role
The Big Data Technology Lead provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to:
1. Identify the local data sources that need to be used in order to enable advanced analytics, and manage the local process to access and automate the extraction of the data to the shared analytics platform.
2. Deploy and integrate Advanced Analytics solutions into the local digital landscape, including managing the possible integration to any local systems.
This role provides a critical bridge between data scientists, BI, Network and the Information Technology communities (both locally and globally). Their initial task will be to help mobilise advanced analytics in country, and evolve this into a high-performing technology capability over time.
• Accountable for the local tech delivery plan for all the Programme activities and their subsequent implementation
• Leads the sourcing and integration of data between country systems and group Advanced Analytics platforms.
• Leads the deployment of models into the local technology landscape to enable commercial success
• Accountable to ensure that local deployment of solutions and use cases is aligned with Group architecture and guidelines
• Accountable for managing the local technology budget required for implementing the local aspects of the Big Data & Advanced Analytics Programme
Your key skills and experience will ideally include:
• Solid experience and expertise across data integration and data management
• Technical delivery of analytics solutions with high data volumes in a commercial environment (ideally Hadoop)
• Experience delivering complex programmes and managing a variety of stakeholders across distributed organisations
• Integration of end-to-end solutions into complex IT landscapes
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Experience with different database structures, including Hadoop and SQL
• Experience with data warehousing, campaign managers, visualisation tools
• Hands on expertise with Big Data technologies, machine learning algorithms and distributed programming (preferred)
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.