Big Data Analytics Principal Engineer
Digital Solutions lead to play a key role in Customer Experience Insights team for evolving the next generation tools and solutions that enables the projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision-making. In addition , leading data scientists to develop smart models to enable faster decision making for Network planning and Optimization
Also will help steer strategic technology direction, define reference architectures for data acquisition, storage , business intelligence and, data quality management
- Define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable analysis and decision-making.
- Leading Data engineers to Ingest the necessary data from local and group sources onto BDP /Cloud platform
- Leading data science engineers to design and implement AI/ML models to improve network planning , optimization and customer experience
- investigating new technologies to identify where they can bring benefits
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Working with the Group Big Data Delivery team team to define the strategy for evolving the Big Data capability, including solution architectural decisions aligned with the platform architecture
- Designing and producing high performing stable end-to-end applications to perform complex processing of batch and streaming massive volumes of data in a multi-tenancy big data platform, both Hadoop on-premises and in the cloud, and output insights back to business systems according to their requirements.
- Ensuring data structure , data cleanings and data integrity
- Manage data security & privacy process
- Provide technical and financial information including effort estimation, constraints and dependencies; highlight potential risks and offer alternative solutions
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Solid understanding of big data echo system
- Solid understanding of data sources, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats
- Expert level experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem or other big data frameworks;
- Experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm or Heron data processing frameworks, and Kafka, Beam, Dataflow, Kinesis or similar data streaming frameworks;;
- Experience working in large-scale multi tenancy big data environments;
- Programming skills and experience in, machine learning and statistical analytics tools such as Python, R, Java, Ruby, Pig or SQL, NOSql, TensorFlow , Mahoot, SAS,…
- Experienced. 5+ years of leadership experience over data science and/or Data engineering ideally in a Mobile communication sector
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g like Hadoop, Spark, Hive), data modelling and ETL development.
- Experience with stream-processing systems, such as Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, NiFi/StreamSets, or Storm/Heron.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
London, Greater London
DevOps EngineerLondon £ Excellent Salary and Benefits on Offer Vodafone have recently gone into partnership with Google and are implementing Google Cloud Platform "GCP" across our global business t
Role Title: Solution Architect – Collaboration Services Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
Role Title: Global Programme Manager Location: Home Based At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle
Role Title: Tools Specialist – Agile Transformation Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custo
Development Chapter LeadLocation: NewburySalary: £Competitive + Bonus and great benefits Vodafone UK is building a world-class engineering team across London and Newbury to push the boundaries, whilst
IP Network Specialist Farnborough You’ll be responsible for the design and build of a range of IP networks across multiple vendors and platforms. You’ll create detailed customer
Role Title: IoT Release Train Engineer Location: Newbury Vodafone IoT: Vodafone Internet of Things (IoT) is the world’s largest IoT service provider. Industry analysts have positioned Vodafone I
Role Title: IT Delivery Manager Location: Newbury Technology As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to
SOC Analyst (Shift work) FarnboroughSecurity Clearance required: DV level You will be part of a SOC team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall and IPS services for both Vodafone a
Role Title: Senior Manager, Control Testing & Assurance Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
London, Greater London
Role Title: Data Scientist - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years