Big Data Analytics Principal Engineer
Digital Solutions lead to play a key role in Customer Experience Insights team for evolving the next generation tools and solutions that enables the projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision-making. In addition , leading data scientists to develop smart models to enable faster decision making for Network planning and Optimization
Also will help steer strategic technology direction, define reference architectures for data acquisition, storage , business intelligence and, data quality management
- Define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable analysis and decision-making.
- Leading Data engineers to Ingest the necessary data from local and group sources onto BDP /Cloud platform
- Leading data science engineers to design and implement AI/ML models to improve network planning , optimization and customer experience
- investigating new technologies to identify where they can bring benefits
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Working with the Group Big Data Delivery team team to define the strategy for evolving the Big Data capability, including solution architectural decisions aligned with the platform architecture
- Designing and producing high performing stable end-to-end applications to perform complex processing of batch and streaming massive volumes of data in a multi-tenancy big data platform, both Hadoop on-premises and in the cloud, and output insights back to business systems according to their requirements.
- Ensuring data structure , data cleanings and data integrity
- Manage data security & privacy process
- Provide technical and financial information including effort estimation, constraints and dependencies; highlight potential risks and offer alternative solutions
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Solid understanding of big data echo system
- Solid understanding of data sources, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats
- Expert level experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem or other big data frameworks;
- Experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm or Heron data processing frameworks, and Kafka, Beam, Dataflow, Kinesis or similar data streaming frameworks;;
- Experience working in large-scale multi tenancy big data environments;
- Programming skills and experience in, machine learning and statistical analytics tools such as Python, R, Java, Ruby, Pig or SQL, NOSql, TensorFlow , Mahoot, SAS,…
- Experienced. 5+ years of leadership experience over data science and/or Data engineering ideally in a Mobile communication sector
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g like Hadoop, Spark, Hive), data modelling and ETL development.
- Experience with stream-processing systems, such as Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, NiFi/StreamSets, or Storm/Heron.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
Job Title: Assure IP Network Specialist Location: Farnborough Your role:You will be a part of an Secure Services Assure team in a Network Management Centre looking after multiple networks, providing
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect for Service Management Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and
IT Operations Authority – 258086 Location – Newbury HQSalary - £Competitive + Bonus + Generous Benefits What’s the role? As an IT Operation Authority you will work within one of the most progressive
Role Title: CERT Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Project Implementation Manager Location: Newbury Cyber Security At Vodafone Global Cyber Security, we help our customers remain secure and resilient in a world of increasingly sophisti
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
Solution Architect (Automation and Robotics) - 000000250661 Location – Newbury HQ Salary: £competitive + Bonus and excellent Benefits! What’s the role? As a Solution Architect you will work within th
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi