Automotive & 5G Innovation Architect
Role Title: Automotive & 5G Innovation Architect
Role Location: Newbury
Here at Vodafone, we connect everybody to live a better today, and build a better tomorrow. That could be providing superfast network speeds to smartphones, providing ‘unified communications’ through fixed solutions, making the lives of farmers easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Are you ready to help our customers discover, understand and enjoy the best that connectivity can offer? The adventure starts here.
We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference in the lives of our customers and the communities in which we live and work. For us, happy employees equal happy customers.
As an Automotive & 5G Innovation Architect you will drive and define innovations in the Automotive and 5G IoT domain and designe innovative solutions with our partners and customers.
- Own the customer or partner relationship during the lifetime of the innovation project or co-creation phase.
- Define the innovation project scope and align with internal stakeholders.
- Design E2E solutions including 3rd party components and internal designers.
- Engage with 3rd party suppliers with strong leadership to drive design know-how and value out of vendors.
- Work closely with the design teams to ensure requirements can be realised in a cost efficient way.
- Work closely with the technical heads during the initial phases to drive architectural principles, ensuring the compliance of the solution against the customer requirements and consistency with the wider technical landscape, providing transparency on all the aspects affecting the delivery to the customer.
- Lead the development of the PoC and exploit the results internally with product, technology and commercial stakeholders.
- Handle over learning from innovations and PoCs to the product and engineering teams in EP&S IoT.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunities to be creative and implement your own ideas
- To develop world class products
- To collaborate with professional group of individuals and work on cutting edge technology
- Flexibility to travel frequently
- Proven track record of delivering full E2E solutions in the IT, automotive and/or telecommunications industry.
- Excellent technical skills in technology architecture, strategy & design for globally distributed enterprise IT, mobile and communications technology.
- Experience developing and evolving architectural designs using the following building blocks: IP networks, 4G/5G application and embedded systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to calibrate own style to engage audience and achieve objectives.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Have experience developing and evolving architectural designs using the following building blocks: Web Services, Oracle ESB/OSB, Java, SOAP/REST/JMS, Data Analytics, Big Data DBs, telecom technologies, vehicle communication.
- Have a track record of demonstrable technical solutions in a fast-moving innovative environment
We are not only multinational but multicultural too. Diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition or any other individual need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
- Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/our-business/technology/
- Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/life-vodafone/?page=1#content
- Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Title: Business Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30
Solution ArchitectLocation – Newbury HQ £ Competitive salary and benefits package on offer What’s the role? Working as a Solution Architect within the UK IT Architecture team, you will be supporting t
Scrum Master - 245842Location – NewburyWhat’s the role? As a Scrum Master you'll develop and lead high-performing, multi-discipline feature teams, instilling in them a clear vision and a passionate dr
Role Title: UAT Analyst Location: Newbury About Business Transformation: Our Transformation Team lead and deliver exciting programmes and projects that span the Vodafone Group business. We are now
London, Greater London
Role Title: Group Compliance Analyst Location: Paddington Hiring Manager Name: Warwick Carruthers Band: G At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory
IT Monitoring SpecialistLocation – Newbury£ Excellent salary and benefits on offer The role:We have an exciting opportunity to join a growing team who monitor both account management and buying behavi
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acros
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Test and Quality Assurance Specialist Manchester basedCompetitive salary + excellent benefits As a Test and Quality Assurance Specialist within Technology Enterprise Services you will ensure detailed
Capacity & Configuration ManagerLocation – Newbury What’s the role?You’ll provide a point of focus for network capacity performance and effectively manage the control of assets by providing a logical
Project CoordinatorNewbury As you might imagine, technology is very much at the heart of Vodafone – without it, there wouldn't be a business. But here's the thing. We don't just develop new and innov
Role Title: IP Engineering Manager Location: UK, Ireland, Spain or Portugal As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge help
Role Title: IoT SME/SoHo Product Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle