Location:London, The Speechmark Building (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Salary: £ Competitive Salary + Benefits
Hours: Mon-Fri 37.5
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
We innovate, invent and continuously improve, Vodafone UK Digital works within the heart of our business. Empowering Vodafone’s mission of being a digital-first company is in everything we do.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Automation Engineering Lead to lead our new Digital Automation Engineering team in our new Digital Hub in London, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices.
This role is a technical leadership role, working closely with the Head of Product Engineering and the team leader to make decisions on testing technologies, processes and policies, which they must then ensure are adhered to.This role is accountable for the quality of the software and services delivered by the IT team to the wider company; they must ensure new releases of systems and websites are free from defects that carry commercial or operational costs. The successful candidate will have a strong background leading a QA team and knowledge of QA testing in a relevant environment. This candidate will be proficient in loading and performance testing – methodology and at least one tool.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the Automation Engineering team.
- Ability to meet and manage to deadlines for key projects.
- Monitoring and managing resources and ensuring there is enough resource to meet on-going demands. This includes supporting ongoing delivery, ongoing process improvement, system capacity planning and management, out-of-cycle testing such as performance, security, etc.
- Staff management, recruitment and performance management
- Ensuring the delivery teams are delivering efficiently, including, reviewing of all major developments and projects
- Assurance of quality output such as ensuring sufficient processes are in-place and adhered to.
- Owning and developing the Automation Engineering guild, including: Awareness of leading/industry standard tools, developments and best practices
The future is exciting.
Posting End Date: 7th August 2020