Automation & Test Manager
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We are focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The team is responsible for managing all aspects of Automation against End-to-End Unified Communications & Connectivity (UC&C) products, test & validation activities for new product developments and in-life changes. Joining us as an Automation & Test Manager, you will play a key role in defining and delivering these solutions.
- Define the Automation Test Strategy for UC&C products and manage End-to-End Automation Test Strategy, Planning & Validation for Product Development & In-life network changes and upgrades across UC&C.
- Develop a common cross-product Automation approach to optimize functions and capabilities applicable to UCC products.
- Establish and lead regular test reviews with internal and external stakeholders and
- work closely with the off-shore team to ensure a common approach and quality of test scripts are obtained
- Manage test supplier business relationship; enforce SLA/KPI agreement with external test suppliers.
- Deliver the optimum balance between compliance to requirements and delivery times/costs.
What you can expect from us:
The opportunity to be involved in the development of major SDN and Ready Network products
- Strong Automation experience across multiple tools/platforms: Testshell/ CloudShell, Ranorex, Robot Framework, iTest (Spirent), Selenium
- Deep networking knowledge (SIP, REST, SOAP, ipv4, LTE, VoIP, 802.1x, EAP, 3GPP, GTP, SNMP)
- Proven experience in Product / IT development, leading test activities for large enterprise products and solutions, with subject matter expertise in some/all of the following:
- Hosted UC applications (Cisco)
- SIP trunking and PBX technologies
- Mobile Network technologies (primarily NGIN, IMS, SDN, NVF, AWS)
- Scripting languages, Python, Ruby
- Experience of working in Agile methodology
- BSc/MSc level Engineering/IT degree, preferably with formal test certifications (e.g. ISEB/ISTQB) or equivalent experience
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone, you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
The future is exciting. Ready?