Assistant Financial Accountant
SORRY, THIS VACANCY HAS NOW EXPIRED
Assistant Financial Accountant - Newbury
About the role
The future is exciting, Ready to join our Finance Team as our next Assistant Financial Accountant?
Let’s get factual. Our Finance teams work to provide crucial support to ensure only the soundest of decisions are made for both our customers and us. Whatever you excel at, whether it be management analysis, facts and figures, forging partnerships or supporting business-critical decisions – we’ve got the role for you.
You will be responsible for reporting a robust set of monthly financial results, covering both the Acquisition and Retention and Other Direct Costs and Revenue area of the P&L. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone starting their finance career to join our financial operations team.
- Complete the production of timely and accurate monthly A&R and Other Direct Revenues & Costs results for the Terminals Team and the CBU and EBU Teams.
- Perform analysis of results to ensure completeness / accuracy and be able to explain key drivers.
- Prepare accurate and timely General Ledger account reconciliation, including investigating and resolving reconciling items.
- Provide detailed analysis of the results to the business, giving insight into the drivers behind the costs and revenues.
- Production of timely and accurate mid-month reporting for Stock Revaluation, Stock Adjustments, Insurance Reports, Stock Loss, Purchase Price Variance and Invoice Price Variance.
- Perform analysis of results to ensure completeness / accuracy and be able to explain drivers.
- Work with internal customers (Terminals Decision Support/Terminals Supply Chain and Logistics/Indirects Commercial Team) as a point of contact and subject matter expert for accounting and reporting.
- Interact with external Indirect Partners to resolve returns queries.
- Interact with the 3rd Party Warehouse Partner to ensure accuracy of reporting and integrity of stock adjustments, as well as monthly procurement fees.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- AAT qualified (or working towards) with relevant business experience
- Experience in driving change and process re-engineering
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong financial and analytical skills
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Description Retail Advisor – Nationwide - Part Time £9,152 pa (OTE £10,592) Are you Ready? Are you poised for a challenge? Could you make the difference for our customers? If you answered yes to the above - w
Description Retail Advisor – Home Counties - Part Time £18,200 pa rising to £18,304 pa after probation (OTE £21,184) Pro Rata Are you Ready? Are you poised for a challenge? Could you make the difference for ou
Description Retail Advisor – Nationwide - Full Time £18,304 pa (OTE £21,184) Are you Ready? Are you poised for a challenge? Could you make the difference for our customers? If you answered yes to the ab
Description Retail Assistant Store Manager £21,120 - £23,700 plus monthly performance-related bonus and great benefits Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, text
Location Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Description Retail Advisor - Pontefract - 20 hours/week £9,152 pa (OTE £10,592) Are you Ready? Are you poised for a challenge? Could you make the difference for our customers? If you answered yes to the above - w
Location Watford, Greater London
Description Retail Advisor - Watford Experience Store - 40 hours/week £21,299 pa (OTE £24,179) Are you Ready? Are you poised for a challenge? Could you make the difference for our customers? If you answered yes t
Location Norwich, Norfolk
Description Business Advisers (Retail) 40hr £20,100 plus monthly performance related bonus. Vodafone is empowering businesses like never before. Thanks to our 4G network, we’re making flexible working a reality,
Location Newbury, Berkshire
Description Revenue Accounting Lead Analyst - Newbury About the role The future is exciting, Ready to join our Finance Team as our next Revenue Accounting Lead Analyst. Let’s get factual. Our Finance teams work t
Location London, Greater London
Description Big Data Analyst – London or NewburyCompetitive salary + excellent benefits Big Data at Vodafone As Vodafone continues to evolve, our dedication to innovation has never been greater. Already the worl
Location Newbury, Berkshire
Description There has never been a better time to join us and be a part of our success as a National Account Manager. You will be accountable for driving the largest incremental revenues and new business sales wi
Location Newbury, Berkshire
Description IT Deliver Manager Newbury – There will be regular travel to EU countries At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and cu