Application Performance Engineer
Location – Newbury HQ
Salary - £Competitive + Bonus and Benefits
What’s the role?
As an Application Performance Engineer, you will play a pivotal role as part of the Vodafone IT Monitoring team of four. You will take part in the design and implementation for our Consumer mobile platforms. Ensuring these platforms are robust, highly available and automated notifications are embedded to match business Service Level Agreements. The IT monitoring specialist role is all about delivering and influence the monitoring tool strategy to enable Vodafone teams to be able to pre-empt/predict and diagnose customer-impacting issues timely.
This role will suit an individual that currently working with business critical applications and has proficient knowledge into performance and IT Monitoring design for these applications.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Work as part of a team of four IT Monitoring professionals on the delivery programme.
- Work closely with Application owners to understanding how the applications should work, what SLAs should be in place.
- Formulate deployment plans for agents.
- To be accountable for competencies & KPIs.
- Ensure that the Customer Experience is at the heart of all activities. Understanding of customer journeys and application flows will be key to identify the right monitoring controls to be in place.
- Experience setting up the monitoring stacks and performance monitoring (not necessarily Telco!).
- Understanding of business tractions and Health rule.
- Knowledge of A.P.M (Application performance monitoring).
- Dashboard design (we used AppDynamics – but we would consider others, such as Dynatrace, HPE suite, OEM, Splunk.
What’s in it for you?
We’re looking for the very best people to join us. People who share our passion, our pioneering spirit and hunger for innovation. If that sounds like you, this is your chance to take your career in telecommunications further. We are truly unique in our opportunity to change the market by bringing fixed and mobile solutions together.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.