Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
Our network operations teams ensure our customers remain connected to their Vodafone services 24/7, constantly monitoring and enhancing network performance. Be part of Vodafone UK Technology Operations, the team that uses the latest technology and analytics to continually improve customer experience.
What will you be doing?
You will provide a lead role in the technical support of IP services, taking overall responsibility for support of multiple services & platforms. Accountable for the performance of the Core IP Network, leading to the availability of IP Network to greater than 99.9%. Furthermore, you will maintain the domain infrastructure throughout its lifecycle in order to ensure Services are delivered at the required level of availability and performance through pro-active service assurance whilst managing relationships with suppliers and key internal stakeholders.
Who are we looking for?
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of own area, good knowledge in associated areas.
- Good degree of knowledge on IP to the level of being able to assist design in resolving complex issues.
- High degree of knowledge with IP core technologies, including BGP, LDP, MPLS Traffic Engineering, RSVP, ISIS and OSPF
- High degree of knowledge on troubleshooting and configuring IP Core routers like Cisco ASR9K and Nokia SR7750
- High degree of knowledge in configuring Cisco/Nokia Router HA operating systems, including the ability to configure Layer 2 and layer 3 IP services, including MPLS VPN’s.
- Good level of understanding of other routing protocols, e.g. EIGRP, RIP.
- Good level of knowledge of IPsec
- Working knowledge of DNS/DHCP and configurations system like INFOBLOX.
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 access technologies, VPWS/VPLS.
- Cisco certified network professional - R&S/SP or equivalent vendor certification
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
Posting End Date: 13/010/2020