SORRY, THIS PROGRAMME HAS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING TO OUR OTHER STREAMS THAT ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Step into a new world of digital and take your place at the core of our business. Join our Commercial stream, and you’ll help build a better tomorrow. Not only for Vodafone, but for millions of people around the world - including you. Gain life-changing skills as part of our fresh, hungry team armed and ready to shape the future of Vodafone through strategy, creativity, Big Data, insights and analysis.
What you’ll be doing
Wherever you work on this two-year rotational programme, you’ll be digital- and customer-focused, and at the forefront of Commercial. You could choose to work on all kinds of strategic, business-influencing projects and areas, including:
Brand and Digital Marketing, communicating our difference through market-leading brand or digital marketing campaigns, balancing customer need with commercial targets.
Customer Experience and Operations, working in User Experience, Digital or Customer Care, ensuring we deliver the best, multi-channel customer experience - from retail to app to website.
Products and Services, planning, developing and enabling amazing products and services including games and infotainment.
What’s in it for you
You get out what you put in at Vodafone. So, you can look forward to:
- Structured training and investment in your personal development
- Business exposure and accountability from day one
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- Mentoring, feedback and learning through your support network
- Being part of a global graduate community
- 28 days’ annual leave, flexible working and a generous benefits package
There’s no one Vodafone type. But there are certain things we look for:
- A 2.2 (or equivalent) degree (achieved or predicted), ideally with digital marketing and business-related disciplines or modules
- A passion for working with people and an understanding of how getting it right relates to business success
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and reports
- Creativity, resilience and adaptability
- Hunger for development
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- The right to work in the UK